AER (Army Emergency Relief) is a private nonprofit organization incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff. AER’s mission is to provide emergency financial assistance to Soldiers and their Families.
Phone: (910) 396-2507
After Duty Hours: 1-877-272-7337 (toll free)
Location: Soldier Support Center – 3rd Fl.
Normandy Drive, Fort Bragg (map)
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4:30 pm
AER will provide services from 8 am – 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri). No applications will be processed after 4:30 pm daily, (Mon-Fri). All other Financial Readiness Services will be available daily, (Mon-Fri) from 8 am – 5 pm. For questions or concerns, please contact the FRP Manager, Ms. Olavarria at (910) 907-3410 or the AER Officer, Ms. Cureton at (910) 907-3470.
AER loan applications:
What Can AER Do?
- Help with emergency financial needs for:
- Food, rent or utilities
- Emergency transportation and vehicle repair
- Funeral expenses
- Medical/dental expenses
- Provide college scholarships to children, spouses, and surviving spouses of Soldiers.
- Scholarship Opportunities:
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program.
- Spouse Scholarship Assistance Program.
- Eligibility requirements, applications can be obtained at www.aerhq.org
- Additional Benefits:
- Lifetime membership in the Army and Air Force Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA) of Soldiers who die on active duty.
- Grants for wounded Soldiers medically evacuated from a theater of combat.
- Personal Financial Management Training for Soldiers in AIT.
Who is Eligible?
- Active duty Soldiers, single or married, and their Family members
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their Family members (Title 10, USC).
- Soldiers retired from active duty for longevity or physical disability, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who retired at age 60, and their Family members.
- Surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.