Location: 4th Floor Soldier Support Center
Child, Youth and School Services is now offering free child care during Family Readiness Group Meetings. FRG leaders and FRSA’s may coordinate care by calling 907-2608.
Maholic Child Development Center at 3853 Sicily Drive, B-7125. Call 910-907-2608
On-site care for children ages 6 weeks-12 years during:
- Family Readiness Groups
- Welcome & PC briefs
- Religious functions
- Hail & Farewells
- Battalion Coffees
- OWC & NCO spouses functions
- Unit formals and parties
If your unit/organization would like to request and schedule Kids on Site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Guidelines and Requirements
- If your unit/organization would like to request and schedule Kids on Site, please email email@example.com for a reservation request form.
- Cancellations must be made three working days prior to the event or full charges will incur.
- A headcount of children attending and their ages must be provided to Maholic CDC 1 week. Child Ratios
- The group or unit must provide a point of contact, telephone number, and e-mail address to the Maholic CDC prior to the event.
- Must notify all parents that they must register children with CYSS prior to event. An Hourly Care packet must accompany child.
- Current immunization records (in compliance with North Carolina State standards) are a requirement when the child is dropped off at the site.
- Immunization records will denote all series of shots to date.
- Parents should contact their health clinic regarding questions about their child’s immunizations.
- Children without current immunization records are not eligible to participate in the SSCC program.
Call the Central Enrollment office for more information, 910-396-8110.
Child and Youth Behavioral Military and Family Life Consultants are here to help. They are available to talk to children and youth to facilitate group activities, outreach to parents and work with staff to process interactions and concerns, such as:
- School adjustment issues
- Deployment and separation concerns
- Reunion adjustment issues
- Sibling/parent-child communications
- Behavioral concerns
- Fear, grief and loss issues
- Daily life issues
Consultations are confidential and anonymous and provided at no cost. No records are kept.
Scheduling an appointment is easy! After-hours and weekend appointments are available. Groups, educational presentations and individual meetings can be arranged.
** Please note: Exceptions to confidentiality include duty to warn cases involving children & adults, child abuse & domestic violence.
Inclusion on this List Does Not Constitute an Endorsement by Army CYS for Any Organization, or Commercial Product.
Helpful Checklists ::
Involving children in your deployment :: Letter to parents
For the returning parent :: Getting to know your children again
For the parent who is leaving :: Preparing to leave
For the deployed parent :: Parenting while you are away
For the deployed parent :: Preparing to return
For the parent(s) leaving :: Single parents or both parents deploying
Books For Children ::
Web Sites For Children, Parents, and Teachers ::