Phone: (910) 396-3415
Location: Soldier Support Center
|Go To CYSS Welcome Center|
A Family Child Care home is a viable option for child care on Fort Bragg and serves as a second family for your child. FCC is in-home care provided by an adult, who is certified by Child Development Services (CDS), in CDS certified government quarters or a state licensed home off-post. FCC offers a family atmosphere with a limited number of children. Children of active duty and DoD civilians at Fort Bragg are eligible for this program.
- Full day care for children ages 4 weeks through 12 years old.
- Before and After Care.
- Summer care for all ages.
- Overnight, weekends, extended care, respite care
Parents who are interested in a child care space in a FCC Home may complete a request for care form by contacting CYSS Parent Central Services.
Some of the advantages for your children are:
- Available for children 4 weeks (center-based facility starts at 6 weeks) through 12 years old.
- Option of choosing a multi-cultural home that is bilingual where children can “acquire” a second language instead of “learning” a second language through traditional methods.
- Smaller environment with a maximum of six children instead of 15 in the center-based program promotes a healthier environment and lower frequency of sicknesses.
- More intimate surroundings where providers really get to know your child on a personal basis fostering your child’s home away from home.
- FCC homes have the same activity centers as center-based programs are required, like dramatic play area, arts, manipulative and blocks, and reading area.
- FCC providers have a daily lesson plan that parents can view to keep up with your child’s learning opportunities through the week.
Some of the additional benefits to our parents are:
- Extended care hours for early mornings, evenings, over nights, weekends, and long-term care options are available as well as traditional needs of daily and before & after-school care. Some FCC providers are even available on holidays.
- Homes may be in close proximity either to your residence or work, on or off post. Patrons can interview prospective FCC providers and select the environment that you feel will be the most nurturing one for your children.
- Nationally accredited and state certified caregivers! Center-based facilities are not required to be state certified!
- Homes meet same standards as a center-based operation including monthly inspections by: fire & safety, USDA food program, and health program.
- Safety of families is further emphasized by requiring a background security check of all caregivers and any family members 12 years old and up.
- Some FCC homes have staff members with special training in accommodating certain special needs of children. Depending upon the needs, ratios may drop further to better accommodate your child.
- Families will be given a list of prospective providers to visit their home so you can interview the provider as well as touring their home environment.
Registration and Fees
Children must be registered before enrolling Family Child Care programs. Parents can register children at Central Registration located on the 4th floor of the Soldier Support Center.
Fees are based on contract with provider.
Do you want to become an FCC provider? FCC Certification Information
Are you interested in running your own childcare business? Are you creative, energetic, and do you love working with children?
The CYSS Army FCC Program might be for you! Subsidy incentives are available for infant care, shift care, special needs care, and many more. Providers may also check out toys and equipment from the FCC Lending Library for use in the Army FCC Program.
There are additional benefits as a provider in our FCC program for those adults who want to make a difference in the lives of our children and youth in an FCC home:
- Self employment - be your own boss Stay at home with your child and augment family income by taking care of additional children in your home
- Free training
- Professional resources are available
- Continuing educational credits are available
- Save gas and wear and tear on your vehicles commuting to work each day
- Finally, job mobility – when you PCS to a new duty station, you will already be certified to register at your gaining station for employment
U.S. Army FCC – Your Child’s Home Away From Home Our Mission Is Caring Child Development Services Certified
- Fort Bragg Home Alone Policy [PDF]