5th Floor Soldier Support Center
|Back to CYSS Welcome Center|
|CYSS Summer Camps 2013|
School Age Services (SAS) offers care for before and after school with options for before school only or after school only, for chidren in grades K – 5. Each of these options entitles program participants to full day care services during out of school periods, excluding Federal Holidays, during the school year. Additionally, separate SAS camps were operated during Winter and Spring breaks for those patrons who normally do not require daily before and after school care. During the summer months SAS operated a full day camp option in ten one-week sessions.
Our mission is to expose school-age children to a wide range of age-appropriate recreational programs that will incorporate character-building concepts through activities and social interaction. School-age activities are designed to enhance positive attitudes in learning and self development; to aid children in developing proper study habits; to provide children challenging activities; to promote self esteem, citizenship, responsibility, cooperation, respect, fairness, fairness, trustworthiness and caring.
School Ages Services offer positive experience in four services areas:
- Sports, Fitness and Health
- Life Skills, Citizenship and Leadership
- Arts, Recreation and Leisure
- Academic Support, Mentoring and Intervention
School Age Services offer expanding opportunities through:
- Supervised recreational and developmental appropriate activities
- Computer Lab
- Homework Lab
- Education and Recreational Field Trips
- Open Recreation Options
- Non-competitive, physical activities
- Enhance life skill; gain confidence
- Build positive friendships
- Volunteer Community Service
- Supportive, well-trained staff who enjoy working with children
- Breakfast before school, snack after school, and lunch on non-school days.
- Transportation to and from special activities and instructional programs during the school year.
- Adventure for a Day – Full day care for “school out” days (includes nutritional breakfast, lunch and snacks). Spaces are limited. Call (910) 396-8110 for more information.
- Registration beings on August 7, 2012. Click here for more information. Click here or on image to view flyer.
- Click here to view School Age Care FAQ’s
Wonderful World for Kids (WWK) View Brochure
- Location: Building 1-4257 Knox St. (Near Throckmorton Library and Watters Center)
- Phone: (910) 396-2011
- Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri 1430-1800
- Wed 1330-1830
Summer: Mon-Fri 0530-1800
Baez School Age Center View Brochure
- Location: Longstreet
- Phone: (910) 907-2828
- Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri 0530-0830, 1430-1800
- Wed 0530-0830, 1330-1800
Summer: Mon-Fri 0530-1800
Morales School Age Center View Brochure
- Location: Rockefeller Blvd (Linden Oaks)
- Phone: (910) 432-6033
- Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri 0530-0830, 1430-1815
- Wed 0530-0830, 1330-1815
Summer: Mon-Fri 0530-1815
Reigstration & Fees