July 4th, 2015
The July 4th Celebration is held annually at the Main Post Parade Field. Activities include some of today’s hottest musical acts; parachute free-fall demonstrations; our popular flag ceremony; fireworks; and food and beverages. Pets, glass bottles, and BBQ grills are not allowed. All tents and shelters must be erected in the designated area, space is limited. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early due to heavy traffic flow. The event is free and open to the public. For more information about Tent City, please call (910) 396-7060.
July 4th FAQ!
Q: What time can I set up my tent/blanket?
A: You may set up your tent or blanket as early as 8:00 am the morning of the 4th. Please keep in mind that staff will be unable to watch your belongings. Also, tents are only allowed in the designated tent area; space is limited.
Q: When will you begin taking reservations for the designated tent area and how much will they cost?
A: Typically we begin taking reservations approximately a month before the event. If you will be reserving your tent via WebTrac, you can pre-register, so that you will be able to get a tent area, once reservations are accepted. All designated sites will be numbered and patrons will be able to choose a site. Reservations are non-refundable. No walk-in or same day reservation will be available. Patrons may make reservations one of two ways:
1. In person at Equipment Checkout Center (ID card holders and general public)
2. Online via Webtrac (ID card holders only).
How to Register through Webtrac…
- Go to webtrac site https://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/webtrac/braggrectrac.html
- Click Start New Pre-Registration and ensure that all information is filled out correctly. If items are missing you will be asked for it prior to receiving your login and password.
- Once you have pre-registered, the login information will be reviewed and an email will be sent to the user during regular business hours M-F 0800-1700, in the order registration was received.
- After receiving your login information check to ensure it is working properly. Once logged in, you are able to change your password. For registration issues please email Jacqui Hill.
Q: What time does everything start? Will I be able to purchase food and drinks before then?
A: Kiddie Land and food are open for business beginning at 3:00 p.m., however, some vendors may be open prior to then.
Q: What kind of activities are there for kids to do?
A: There is a Kiddie Land full of bounce houses, slides and rock climbing walls. Admission is $10 per child and unlimited use is included in the price.
Q: I am a food vendor, how can I participate in this event?
A: Thank you for your inquiry, but we are no longer taking applications and have a waiting list.
Q: What items are prohibited at this event?
A: For a printable list of prohibited items please click here.